Lawn Bombs: Caramel Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting via Cupcakes!
Yield: 12 cupcakes
What You’ll need:
- (For the Cupcakes) 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
(For the Frosting)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 4oz semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk, as needed
- Preheat to 350°F. Give yourself a gold star.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the sugars & butter together. Nice, now add the eggs and vanilla.
- Alternate adding flour, milk, flour, milk, flour. You’re in the home stretch.
- Spoon 2/3 full cups into a cupcake pan, bake for 20-22 minutes
- (Frosting time!) Melt the chocolate together and let it cool for a minute
- With a beater, mix the butter and sugar together. Add the cooled chocolate, then the milk. Beat until fluffy and presto-chango, you’ve got some baller chocolate frosting for your cuppycakes.
So yeah, the lawn bomb thing. I kept on seeing pictures of cupcakes with the frosting done up all nice, and of course I chose to do it with chocolate frosting. Yeah, not one of my better choices in life - but I still love it. Presentation is only 50% right?
Could you pretty please post the recipe for your...ahem..."lawn bombs"? They look so good...
Hi anon! The recipe is coming next week, hold tight! :)
My coworker called these Lawn Bombs.
I’m sorry, I had to frost them this way, I just had to try it.
They were still delicious. Caramel and chocolate? Yup.
Oatmeal Cookies with Cranberries & White Chocolate Chips via Running with Spoons
Sometimes you need a really good oatmeal cookie recipe. One that doesn’t taste crunchy or overwhelming. The almond in this kinda makes them taste like macaroons, but it’s a nice touch - especially since there’s no coconut in them.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Mix the butter & sugars until combined. Add eggs and almond extract and boom you’ve got the beginning of glory.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together in another bowl. Add to your butter mixture in 3 parts.
- Add the oats!
- Add the good stuff - cranberries & white chocolate chips
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
These are really great with or without the white chocolate, and with tea, and with more cookies.
Oatmeal is healthy, right?
All cookies are good for your soul. That’s what I always say.
Next recipe up - Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate cookies.
I feel like calling them Cranbombs. I’ve decided.