It’s vegan. It’s light and fluffy, but rich and smooth. It doesn’t taste like chickpeas!
The past two months have been a challenge for me to find recipes I’m proud of, can recreate without too much trouble, and doesn’t taste like it’s trying to make up for not being “standard.” This one, my husband went back for seconds, and that was enough for me.
3 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse – via The Loopy Whisk
What you’ll need
- 7oz dark chocolate, broken up to be melted
- 1/2 cup Aquafaba (that’s the liquid in a chickpea can)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
The How To:
- Melt your chocolate in a double boiler. I used Theo chocolate bars (support small business in Seattle!) but Trader Joe’s also has a dark chocolate you can melt up 🙂
- While melted chocolate cools, using a beater or stand mixer, whip the aquafaba until it starts to get foamy. Add the sugar and whip for ~10 minutes until stiff peaks form (Aka it stands strong when you take the whisk out)
- Fold in the melted chocolate with a spatula. Fold = mix slowly into the whip so the whip doesn’t lose its structure & air.
- Chill for ~2 hours to set and enjoy – optional, add some (coconut) whipped cream or sea salt for a fancy touch on top.
More from bakerhi is coming! Follow me on Instagram for some cool stuff in the new year. I’m taking a class with the Christina Tosi from Milk Bar and I’m going to do my best to use my substitutions to create the amazing mouth watering treats she has developed.