Banana Bread – from Bisquick!
Oh man, I never posted my banana bread recipe? I find that shocking. I know I’ve posted about muffins before, but no bread? I’m baffled. I make this all the time!
Check out the video where I make this here!
So I tend to buy bananas and then promptly forget to eat them. I kind of need to be in the perfect mood for a banana, so sometimes they get neglected. This is a great way to save your almost-bad bananas before they go to waste, because the riper they are, the easier they are to mash up and that’s what makes them perfect in bread.
Let them eat bread!
Banana Bread – from Bisquick! Recipe
By February 17, 2015Published:
- Yield: One Loaf of Bread (8? Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 55-60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 mins
Here, have a recipe.
- 3 bananas extra-ripe
- 1/3 cup plain applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/3 cups bisquick mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup walnuts/pecans optional
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Mash all the ingredients in a bowl with a fork or potato masher
- Grease a bread loaf pan (mine is a weird size from IKEA)
- Bake in the oven for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean/golden on top
- Cool slightly & eat with some tasty butter on top - best eaten warm!