Adapted from Tide and Thyme
There are so many things you can do with ripe bananas, like banana bread or banana nut muffins (wow looks like I need to do a recipe update with that one). I just wasn’t in the mood for either of those, so coffee cake it was 🙂
Rumor has it that the more I bake the better my job security is at work. 😉
They’re convinced I’m putting in some secret ingredient to make people like me more/start an army.
They’re on to me.
Whoops, sorry. That one slipped out. Nothing to see here. 😉
Banana Coffee Cake
By November 6, 2014Published:
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 50-55 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 mins
Gets better and better on days 2 and 3 after baking 😉
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 bananas extra ripe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temp
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter cold, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar packed
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease a 9x13 pan 🙂
- Mix the butter and sugar together until combined.
- Mash up banana and add that to the mixture.
- Follow up by adding the eggs, vanilla and milk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add this to the wet ingredients in three separated additions.
- (For the Streusel) Cut up the butter into small pieces.
- With the rest of the ingredients in the bowl, using a pastry cutter or your fingers or a fork (good luck), mash everything together until small crumbles form.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
Serve warm and probably with tea or coffee 🙂