I don’t usually go for box-mix recipes, but the name of this really stuck with me, and who could say no to that much chocolate? Plus I may have had some caramels in my house that needed a good home…
Make sure you watch the video for this too, I probably say “dump” a few too many times, but I think you’ll find it entertaining.
Caramel Dump Cake via Girl Versus Dough
So while the recipe actually calls for “salted” caramel, I do not have sea salt in my house. I don’t know why, but extra salt on things just doesn’t do it for me – though I know that it does make a difference in things like hot chocolate. I’ll let you guys salt your own treats for now!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 box of super moist devil’s food cake
- 1 box of instant chocolate pudding
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- chopped up caramels
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Mix the pudding and milk together
- Add cake mix – only mix until cake mix is combined!
- Grease a 13×9 pan and spread out the batter so it’s even
- Sprinkle the caramels over the batter – don’t mix in
- Bake for ~35 min
- While cooling, melt the chocolate chips & drizzle over the top of the cake
- Eat while warm!
So overall, dump cake was a success. I still really think we need to brainstorm a new name – maybe just chocolate caramel cake? Simple whip up cake? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Until next recipe 🙂