Oatmeal Cookies with Cranberries & White Chocolate Chips via Running with Spoons
Sometimes you need a really good oatmeal cookie recipe. One that doesn’t taste crunchy or overwhelming. The almond in this kinda makes them taste like macaroons, but it’s a nice touch – especially since there’s no coconut in them.
What You’ll Need:
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Mix the butter & sugars until combined. Add eggs and almond extract and boom you’ve got the beginning of glory.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together in another bowl. Add to your butter mixture in 3 parts.
- Add the oats!
- Add the good stuff – cranberries & white chocolate chips
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
These are really great with or without the white chocolate, and with tea, and with more cookies.
Oatmeal is healthy, right?
All cookies are good for your soul. That’s what I always say.