Cinnamon toast cupcakes with cinnamon toast crunch cream cheese frosting – adapted from Your cup of cake
Yields 24 cupcakes
What you’ll need:
(For the cupcakes)
- 1 ½ cups superfine sugar
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 ½ tsps baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sour cream
(For the frosting)
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter
- 3 cups of confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup crushed (like, really finely crushed) cinnamon toast crunch
- Preheat your oven to 350 deg F
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a small bowl!
- Mix the eggs, oil, buttermilk & vanilla together in a large bowl – once combined, add the sour cream.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the large bowl!
- Scoop 2/3 full cups into a cupcake tray and bake for 15-18 minutes (17 was bueno for me)
- For the frosting: Whip together the butter/cream cheese before adding anything else to make sure it’s smooth. Add the sugar and vanilla and mix until combined, then add the crushed cereal. Boom. Cinnamon sugary goodness.
Add a few bites of cinnamon toast crunch to the top of your cupcakes for some extra pizzazz! Woop woop!
Until next time – Bakerhi signing off <3