Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies (with mini chocolate chips!) via Food & Wine
Yields 24 cookies.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (I used a little smooth, a little chunky to add some extra peanut crunch)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 extra-large egg
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter with the sugar, baking soda and egg.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Spoon little balls of dough onto a cookie sheet and pop in the oven for 15 minutes. Let cool and put them in your face for eating.
Personally, I thought these cookies were good, but they’re a little too crunchy for my taste. I really enjoy a soft melt-in-your-mouth cookie, but I think these would be perfect with some ice cream, a glass of milk (oh, like seen here? :P) or maybe with a whoopie pie/nutella sandwich style thing? Either way, they were good, but needed more oomph! Next time, next time.
P.S. Does anyone know why peanut butter cookies are always crosshatched with forks?