Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
For the Cake: (From the recipe book Chocolate Bar)
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened nonalkalized cocoa powder (I use hershey’s, and I put in closer to ¾ cup because it’s really weak.)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda (NOTE THE DIFFERENCE.)
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 2/3 cup sour cream, room temp
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- ½ cup corn oil
- 1 1/4 cups cold (or ice) water
Preheat to 350 – bake cupcakes for 19-22 minutes (Mini cupcakes go in for 15 minutes).
- Mix dry ingredients (flours sugars, baking soda, powder, cocoa and salt) in a bowl, set aside.
- Mix sour cream, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Melt the butter, then mix in the water and corn oil. Put this mixture into the sour cream mixture, and mix together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients. Pour into cupcake cups and super enjoy.
For the frosting:
- ½ stick (4oz) unsalted butter
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk (as needed)
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
Instructions: Mix it up! It helps to blend the butter/peanut butter first, but if you don’t that’s okay.
Happy friday everyone! 🙂 Do something fun this weekend, and tell me what I should do cause I don’t know! 🙂