Vanilla Cupcakes with Lemon filling and Raspberry frosting
Freshy fresh for the start to your summer :) Makes 12 cupcakes!
(Lemon filling recipe from 52 Kitchen Adventures)
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 egg & 1 egg yolk (room temp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup skim milk
Zest from 2 Lemons
1/2 cup Lemon Juice
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
1/4 cup of sugar
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter (room temp)
- 2 tbsp skim milk
- 1/2 tsp raspberry extract
- A smidge of pink gel food coloring
- Preheat to 350 deg F
- Whisk the flour, salt and baking powder!
- Electric-Mix the butter & sugar. Add egg and egg yolk, then the vanilla. Shazam!
- Add in the flour mixture/milk/flour/milk/flour (in parts, like that!)
- Bake these for 16-18 minutes - Pop them out, and let them cool.
- (For the Lemon Filling)
Put the egg+egg yolk in a bowl and whisk until its combined.
In a double boiler (I did this to be safe, you could probably do this in a standard pot), put the lemon zest, the lemon juice and the sugar together to mix/simmer.
When it’s -just- simmering, pour a little bit into the egg bowl to get it up to temperature, being careful not to cook the eggs - slow and steady.
Once you’ve mixed the eggs a bit, pour everything into the pot and slowly bring up to medium heat. Stir until the mixture starts to look like a thicker “gel” - you’ll know it when you see it.
Once you’re happy with the consistency, pour it into a bowl and stick it in the fridge for somewhere around a half hour. It wil congeal a little at the top, that’s okay.
If you have a cupcake corer, core your cupcakes! Otherwise, take a spoon and scoop out a little bit of the center of the cake so you have room to put in your filling.
I used a pastry bag to fill my cupcakes - you could probably use a spoon. Do it up!
BAKERHI NOTE: I wouldn’t try to add a ton of the filling, if you end up having leftover, it’s very tart, but the sweet frosting really evens this out. :)
Then, frost your cupcakes and enjoy!
I’m keeping these babies in the fridge just because of the filling - but since this recipe only makes 12 cakes, you could probably just eat them all ;)
I wanted to do something completely different than I’ve done before. The vanilla cupcakes/frosting are really the only things that stayed close to the same, but I’ve never had so much fruit in my cupcakes before! It’s kind of exciting.
I hope you like these as much as I do! Happy beginning to a crazy hot summer in the states. :)
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- gldncrepe reblogged this from bakerhi
- glitterglue- likes this
- trickedoutwheelbarrow likes this
- danceontheirfaces reblogged this from bakerhi
- moyashi-allen-tan likes this
- g3n3vr4 likes this
- elsemillita reblogged this from bakerhi
- electricmeg likes this
- tatlyn1997 reblogged this from bakerhi and added:
- tatlyn1997 likes this
- bringboo350 likes this
- sophiagreekbelieber likes this
- ev3rydayicmydream likes this
- meltingpot24 likes this
- femalesurvivalguide reblogged this from bakerhi
- thewinchestersfightingdaleks likes this
- wildleonerdgirl likes this
- bakainsanity likes this
- grantpinheiro15 likes this
- chasingblueebullets reblogged this from bakerhi
- secretxunicorn likes this
- adamiam reblogged this from bakerhi
- michellecantdance likes this
- cottondandy likes this
- ayumorainbow likes this
- deborah-martini likes this
- annieshoe likes this
- chaiilatte reblogged this from bakerhi
- fluttermuffin reblogged this from spockerel
- healthyfitlagoon likes this
- spockerel reblogged this from bakerhi
- kirhon likes this
- trytostopthisgirl likes this
- bereweillschmidt reblogged this from rizafujizare
- sweetladyamaterasus likes this
- privateanderssmith likes this
- fenrisa reblogged this from rizafujizare
- rizafujizare reblogged this from grimmuli
- aboutagirlnl likes this
- foodhoard reblogged this from ilovedessert
- kkittyfoxxbabe likes this
- fauxfoefox likes this
- fraulein-brittanica likes this
- foods-within-foods reblogged this from bakerhi
- dearestren reblogged this from bakerhi
- dearestren likes this
- la-tigre likes this
- belle-ame96 reblogged this from missasipi and added:
- angelschokingon-halos likes this
- missasipi reblogged this from ilovedessert