Perfect Peanut Butter Pie (very loosely adapted from Annie’s Eats)
So let’s talk about this for a second. What could possibly be better than oreos and peanut butter in pie form. What could possibly be better than finding the combination that pretty much matches your favorite peanut buter pie from Billy’s Bakery? Not much. Except this freaking pie recipe.
I’m a minimalist. Or maybe a pure-ist. Meaning that the chocolate ganache and all the crunchy bits that went along with this pie in the recipe on Annie’s blog I nixed. And I might not have had the correct amounts of heavy cream for the ganache that went on top, but we won’t talk about that. I was saving on calories, right? Right.
So lets get into it.
What you’ll need:
- A 9” Round Springform pan (trust me, while you can do this with a regular cake or pie pan, you’ll want the ease of just pulling the sides off and bam - perfect crust.)
- [For the Crust] 32 Oreo cookies, finely processed into crumbs
- 5 1/3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- [For the pie] 2 cups heavy cream
- 1¼ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 12 oz. cream cheese (or one and a half 8oz packages), softened
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. milk
This is almost no bake guys - almost! If you just make the peanut butter mousse as a dessert, that would be no bake. And also delicious with crushed oreo on top? That’s pretty much heaven. But I digress.
- Crust first (but also take out your cream cheese to soften) - Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Grease your springform pan.
- Crush the living hell out of those oreos, and melt your butter.
- Mix those two things together. Annie calls for a pinch of salt, I hate salt, so up to you!
- Take your oreo/butter mixture and press it into the sides of your pan to form a crust. Pop it in the freezer for 10 minutes to solidify before putting it in the oven for another 10 minutes. Then let it cool off to the side.
- Now the Mousse part - in a smallish bowl, whip your cream until it stiffens.
- Add ¼ cup of the confectioners sugar (note: not all the sugar) so it essentially makes whipped cream. Pop this in the fridge, work on the next part.
- In another bowl, whip the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the rest of the confectioners sugar, and the peanut butter. Drooling yet?
- Take your whipped cream out of the fridge and gently mix it into the rest of your batter.
- Pour all of this mousse into your cooled pie crust, and put it in the fridge or freezer for about 4 hours, or as long as you can stand to not eat it already.
Ohmygod. My recommendation on this recipe? Make it for a party, or for friends. Don’t make it for one person who will eat one piece and then leave you to eat the rest of it. This is insanely good, and I really wish I could say it was good for you. It’s not. But it’s good for your soul and morale.
Even if you want to have like, a movie night with the girls or something, just make sure you’re not seen eating this alone. Which if you did, I wouldn’t judge you. It’s amazing.
Peanut Butterly yours,
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- scary-monsters-and-cool-sprites reblogged this from biggerthebetter-betterthebigger
- bearynot likes this
- diegochest likes this
- arthur-wb reblogged this from rone9
- arthur-wb likes this
- jeremymane likes this
- goosebill likes this
- angelofoblivion reblogged this from darush86
- angelofoblivion likes this
- angelshouse likes this
- aidsmanexpress likes this
- darush86 reblogged this from rone9
- darush86 likes this
- monsieur-jhon reblogged this from rone9
- monsieur-jhon likes this
- rone9 reblogged this from otakumon
- rone9 likes this
- thejungleofmufasa likes this
- sdp10717 likes this
- otakumon reblogged this from cubgrub
- sui-generis-minx likes this
- the-blue-october likes this
- f00dfood reblogged this from bakerhi
- punkslapped likes this
- luckymalice reblogged this from bakerhi
- vititties likes this
- lashlights reblogged this from bakerhi
- eragonpenvensie reblogged this from bakerhi
- eragonpenvensie likes this
- voluptuouspudge likes this
- waterpaper likes this
- sam-panda likes this
- savage-damsel likes this
- thedesolationofsuperwholock reblogged this from ohgollyitsmolly
- thedesolationofsuperwholock likes this
- ohgollyitsmolly reblogged this from snugglingcastiel
- chubstarter reblogged this from ravenclawcore
- krastaa likes this
- andreaann likes this
- ireallyshouldntbutiwill reblogged this from bakerhi
- afemmesnowwhite likes this
- bebrilliantgo reblogged this from bakerhi
- not-so-depressed-guy reblogged this from ravenclawcore
- cocamojo likes this
- dope-a-licious420 likes this
- mclovelyxoxo likes this
- ahmedalimd likes this
- starting-riots reblogged this from societyscrewsusover
- societyscrewsusover reblogged this from bakerhi