Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
(Happy Birthday Zach!)
Recipe via Baked by Jinie
So it’s been a while, I’m sorry! I promise the wait was worth it – these were some of the most amazing cupcakes I’ve had. Might I say.. perfectly.. moist? Ooh, sorry. There’s really no other word for that.
Anyway, here’s the recipe.
What You’ll Need:
For the Cupcakes | Yield 24+ cupcakes, I got around 30.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin puree (I think they come in 12oz, use the soup sized can!)
For the frosting:
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 8oz pkgs of philadelphia cream cheese (though I’m sure anything works fine)
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted sweet butter
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Melt that butter! Now let it cool and do other things!
- Whisk the flour, baking soda + powder, PP spice and flour together in a bowl. Bam.
- Take the butter and mix it into the sugars! Add the eggs slowly! Also add the pumpkin pie puree. Done!
- Mix in the flour mixture in 3 parts. If you do it all at once you’ll poof up in smoke. Or flour. Don’t do it all at once.
- Fill cupcakes 2/3 full, bake for roughly 22 minutes.
MAKE THE FROSTING!
- Mix the butter, cream cheese and vanilla together until they’re fully mixed and creamy. Add the sugar 1 cup at a time.
Mine was very soft when I made it, so I stuck it in the fridge for about an hour before I frosted my cupcakes. It’s not long enough to let it solidify entirely, but it will make it easier to work with.
- Frost those suckers and take better pictures than I did. Bring them to a party and make everyone’s night better! Alright pumpkin during fall!!