Raspberry Jam Muffins (via Joy The Baker)
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup whole milk (I used 1%, it’s okay)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- ½-1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3 Tablespoons strawberry jam
For the topping (I used about half of this, but I sprinkled very lightly):
- 3 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch cubes (note: I actually found it easier to work with when it was a little softer, but it’s up to you)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 375deg F
- Melt butter (in a pan, though I suppose this would work in a microwave too – just be careful not to burn it), remove from heat. Mix in milk, egg + egg yolk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the butter mixture, and whisk until it’s all set.
- Fold in raspberries and jam (jam should probably go in first, less of a chance of crushing all your raspberries) and then pour into muffin tin.
Place in oven for 18-22 minutes (mine was actually more towards the 23m mark, but all ovens are different) and let cool until you want to nosh on them! (:
Thanks Joy! (: