Black and White Cupcakes as told by the book “Cupcakes!”
Yield: 24 cupcakes
What You’ll Need:
- 16oz (2 packs) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (the recipe calls for whole, I used skim)
- Preheat to 350deg F!!
- For the Cheesecake:
Whip the cream cheese until fluffy, then add the sour cream and 1 cup of sugar until combined. Set aside for later.
- For the Cake:
Whisk together the cake flour, cocoa powder, salt & baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, mix the butter and sugar until fully combined, then add the eggs and vanilla and mix together.
- Once those are mixed, switch off adding a little of the flour mixture and a little milk until fully mixed. Boom, you have cake batter!
- In your cupcake pan, add cake batter until your cups are halfway full. Then add a good scoop of the cheesecake mixture and pop in the oven for 15 minutes, or until your cheesecake doesn’t move in the center of your cupcake.
Essentially, if you jiggle the pan a bit the cheesecake won’t react, it’ll be “set”.
- Let cool on a cooling rack for like 20 minutes, and stick them in the fridge to have a (somewhat) healthier solution to going to the Cheesecake Factory for a black and white cheesecake. You’ll thank me if you know how many calories are in those cheesecakes. (What the hell do they put in those cakes?!)
There you have it.
Until next time – Bakerhi out.