HURRICOOKIES – Original Recipe!
Bake time: 8+2 min | Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Oh my gosh you guys, this is the first time I’m able to post my own recipe. Given, it’s adapted from the Nestle Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, but it’s still close enough to my own creation that I’m excited to share it. Now – without further ado, the things you need to know.
What you need:
- 2 ¼ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- ¾ cups brown sugar
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2.5 tablespoons Nutella
- ½ cup oats
- ½ package chocolate chunks
- ½ package white chocolate chips
- Mini Marshmallows (used at your own wish)
- Hurricane Irene (Optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 deg. F
- Whisk the flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl – set aside
- Cream the butter, sugars and vanilla together. Add both eggs.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture until fully incorporated.
- Add nutella, mix. Then add oats and chocolates. Mix.
- Put in the oven for roughly 8 minutes, then take them out and put the marshmallows into the tops of the almost fully baked cookies. Put them back in the oven for 2 minutes, then take out. (They might look like they’re unfinished or puffy, but they finish baking on the hot cookie sheet after they come out)
- Enjoy inside while playing a game of scrabble with people who are close to you, during a storm that could possibly flood your apartment, but most likely won’t.
Stay safe East Coasters! Otherwise, eat my Hurricane inspired cookies! Cheers!