Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Fudge Frosting
Yield: 16 cupcakes Bake Time: 20 min Oven Temp: 350deg
What you’ll need! (For the cupcakes)
- 2 sticks unsalted sweet butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
While the recipe didn’t have any special mixing directions, I like to treat this as if they’re cookies:
- Cream the sugar, butter and vanilla together, and whisk the flour and baking powder together in another bowl.
- Add the eggs to the butter/sugar mixture, then gradually add the flour.
- Pop them in the oven for 20 minutes and voila! Delicious cupcakes. Don’t forget to set the timer, or they’ll come out a little crispy on top like mine did. Though that isn’t a bad thing either…
For the Frosting!
- 3 ½ oz (or a quarter of a large bag) of chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ cup sweet butter
- ¾ cup confectioners sugar
I kind of “fudged” my frosting and made it 2 cups confectioners sugar and another splash of milk so it would be slightly more fluffy, but I didn’t have enough frosting to cover all the cupcakes.
This is really simple: Melt the butter, chocolate and milk together, and pour over the sugar, then mix until fudgey. If it looks too runny for you (mine did) you can pop it in the fridge for 5 minutes and it should be good to go.