Red Velvet Cookies adapted from The Curvy Carrot
Makes 20ish cookies
What you’ll need:
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar,
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 full bottle of red food coloring liquid
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Mix the flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl, set aside.
- Mix the butter & sugars in a large bowl. Add egg and vanilla until fully combined, then add the flour in 3 segments (not all at once).
- Put the cocoa powder and red food coloring in a bowl to make a paste.
BAKERHI NOTE: So, I did this and didn’t have nearly enough food coloring. And I used my whole bottle. Thankfully, I had some red gel on hand that I also added. So long as you don’t really have loose cocoa powder after mixing, and it’s at least clumped up as much as you can possibly get it without the right amount of food coloring, I’d say you’re okay. But the ideal is to make a paste.
- Put your cocoa powder paste into your batter and mix until there’s no clumps/the whole batch of cookie dough is red. Add in white chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes (10 was perfect for mine) and let cool and then devour monstrously.
If you haven’t already, be sure to enter my give away! Since I didn’t specify where I would ship to, I’m going to ship anywhere I can feasibly ship to.
I wonder what I’ll bake next!
Stay tuned! <3 Bakerhi