One of the things I said I was going to do when I restarted my blog was transfer out some recipes and update some others. It’s kind of nice to go back and see some of the work you’ve done and how far you’ve come. I did this recipe redo before I flipped blogs, but I still think it’s worth sharing.
There are a handful of factors that went into my first set.
- No natural light
- Cookies didn’t rise/hold together as well
- Wasn’t playing my angle game right
- I’m an amateur, so that. I’ve since gotten a macro lens that has the ability to change my depth of field, so that made everything a lot dreamier.
The second set I’d like to dedicate to my house. My house, which my husband and I bought August ’14, has the best natural light anyone could ask for. And a kitchen I could/do live in. So, I’d like to say this was a lucky day in my book.
Recipe Redo Time!
Renamed and Adapted from “Erin’s Go-To Cookies” via the book The Happy Baker
Check out the video I made to help you make these!
Now for the recipe 😉
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 egg
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup quick cooking oats
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup toffee bits
- ½ to ¾ cup coconut ~1 cup of pretzels
- Preheat the oven to 375° F
- In a large bowl, combine the sugars and butter.
- Add the PB, Vanilla and Eggs
- In another bowl, mix the flour, oats, baking soda and salt
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture
- Pour in the pretzels and crush them up so there are no whole pretzels in the batter.
- Add in the chocolate chips and toffee, mix together
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, let cool and enjoy 🙂
I’m calling these Smorgasbord cookies because I feel like they have everything fantastic in them. This makes a good amount of cookies too (I doubled the recipe that was in the book – what can I say, I like to share).