Snickerdoodle Cupcakes with Cinnamon Frosting via Coffee and Cannolis
For the Cupcakes (Makes about 27):
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups cake flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cups milk
For the Frosting:
- 3½ cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp milk/heavy cream/soymilk/whatever you have
- A dash of cinnamon (so you can taste a hint of it!)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Whisk the flours, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together in a bowl.
- Mix the butter and sugar together until combined. Add eggs and vanilla!
- After all that’s mixed, add in the flour, switching off with milk. Flour, milk, flour, milk, flour. Voila!
- Fill your cupcake cups 2/3 full and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool, whip up some frosting and blow some of your coworker’s minds 🙂
This is the perfect amount of cinnamon. This is a great recipe that isn’t too overly sweet, and can be eaten with a coffee in the morning or after dinner at night. You won’t be disappointed!
For anyone who’s prepping for the “Frankenstorm” – stay safe!