Snickers Cupcakes adapted from Annie’s Eats
Yield: 20-22 cupcakes
What You’ll Need:
- (For the cake)
½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup hot water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. coarse salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs & 1 egg yolk
- 1¾ tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 cup sour cream, at room temperature
(For the Frosting)
- 1/3 cup of caramel topping (I used hershey’s)
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
+ 1 bag of fun sized snickers bars, chopped up into bits!
- Preheat your oven to °350 F
- Mix the cocoa powder and the hot water together in a small bowl, set aside to cool.
- Melt the butter and sugar together over a double boiler. Let cool, transfer to a large bowl and mix occasionally to help it cool.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to your cooled butter/sugar mixture. Add in your cocoa/water mixture (which should probably be pasty)
- Add in the dry ingredients, switching off with the sour cream.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
- When the cupcakes are cooled, take a cupcake corer and core your cupcakes (put them into a bowl for sprinkling later). Put some chopped snickers mixed with caramel sauce into the holes for filling.
- Make your frosting (using an electric beater) and decorate your cupcakes. Mash up the leftover cupcake cores and sprinkle them on top for some makeshift cake sprinkles, and enjoy!
This frosting is amazing.
I think maybe next time I might mix the chopped up snickers into the cake mix instead of just coring the cupcakes, but, still good!!
Everything is delicious. And hardly nutritious.