So happy belated Valentine’s Day
I have a Recipe for you!
(Diet) Dr. Pepper Chocolate Fudge cakes with Buttercream Frosting
Made up by me!
What you need:
- 1 can/ 1 ½ cups Diet Dr. Pepper
- 1 box of chocolate fudge cake mix
Easy! Just follow the directions to pre-heat/bake the cupcakes, but don’t add any of the ingredients suggested on the back of the box. The soda will make your mix foam up at first (go go carbonation), and your cakes will be very light, but trust me, this works – and you don’t have to worry about oil or egg calories adding to your cupcakes! The perfect crime.
For the Frosting:
- 3 cups of confectioners sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp milk (I use skim, woot less calories!)
- Pink food coloring (I use the wilton gels with a toothpick to mix it into the frosting, that way it doesn’t change the consistency of the frosting)
This is the frosting standard: Make sure the butter is soft, mix in the sugar, vanilla, and milk starting at the low end and add as you need to. It will whip up nicely (:
I hope everyone had a nice Valentine’s Day. I’ve always seen it as a day to appreciate anyone you love/care for, which is why I made these cupcakes for my coworkers! They went over very well.
Maybe this will get you guys through your Wednesday, or even the end of your week!