Maple Bacon Cupcakes (A.K.A. “The Dylan”) – Makes 24 cupcakes
Inspiration from like, anyone else who has done this.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 cups bisquick pancake mix
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 eggs
- A package of bacon to cook up (I used oscar mayer center cut – PS bacon is totally optional for this)
- (For the Frosting) 3 cups of confectioners sugar
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 deg F
- Mix together the bisquick, sugar and milk
- Add the eggs! Boom done. Bake them for roughly 18 minutes (until browned on the top)
- Make the bacon! I don’t know how to really tell you to do that. Then make sure it’s not greasy and cut it up into bits! (Watch your fingers!)
- Frosting: With a hand mixer, mix the butter, sugar and maple syrup until awesome.
Bakerhi note: This frosting is very buttery, but since you’re making pancake muffins essentially, I think they play together pretty well.
This is def more of a savory/breakfast cupcake, but why not! My coworker requested these for his birthday probably around the time the office found out I was a compulsive baker, and this was an interesting challenge since I’m not a -huge- fan of bacon (sorry!) and savory isn’t really something I go for normally. I got good feedback about these, so I hope you do too!! Happy birthday Dylan!
Thanks for following!! If you have any suggestions/requests, please send them in! I don’t know what I should make next!