Whoopie Pies by the book Whoopie Pies!
Makes 24 Whoopies and two types of frosting!
What you’ll need:
- 1 ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¾ cup Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 ½ tablespoon heavy cream
Peanut Butter Frosting
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup butter (room temp)
- ¾ cup confectioners sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda and cocoa powder in a bowl, set aside
- Combine the brown sugar and butter. Add egg and vanilla until fully mixed.
- Switch off adding the flour mixture and the milk until all gone!
- Put spoon sized droplets of batter (like you’re making cookies) on a cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes. Take them out and cool!
- While you’re baking these, you can start the frosting of your choice (I made a double batch on accident, so I made both and didn’t have enough frosting)
- Put a generous amount of frosting on one side of the sandwiches, and put the other one on and chow down because these are delightful.
Hi guys and gals 🙂
I hope you love these as much as my resident gents did, and happy mother’s day!
I’m almost to a landmarker of followers, and I’m thinking of having a giveaway once I reach it! Stay tuned – and I always accept questions/requests so please don’t hesitate to say hello!