When nerdery meets baking, I am in my comfort zone.
This month’s LootCrate (theme: POWER) contained not only a fantastic Thanos glove oven mitt, but a recipe for an epic chocolate muffin. One that has cayenne in it to scare the pants off of anyone who is afraid of spicy food, but really just punches up the chocolate flavor.
Check out the recipe below, and don’t miss out on next month’s loot – dystopiaaaaa! (Not a lootcrate sponsor) Fallout and Last of Us fans everywhere rejoice! And walking dead too, I guess. Who even watches that show? *cue nerdrage*
Chocolate Muffins from the Hands of Thanos Recipe
By May 26, 2016Published:
- Yield: ~20 cupcake sized muffins (20 Servings)
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 20-25 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
Props to LootCrate for the glorious chocolate muffin death.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne or 1/2 tsp, your call
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk I used lactaid, still worked
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to DEATH
(I mean 350°F)
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients - no lumps! I'm looking at you brown sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla & vinegar
- Make a well in your dry ingredient bowl to pour the wet into. Pour the wet in and gradually mix until just combined - do not over mix.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into cupcake tin up to 2/3 of the way full - bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.