Lawn Bombs: Caramel Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting via Cupcakes!
Yield: 12 cupcakes
What You’ll need:
- (For the Cupcakes) 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup milk
(For the Frosting)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 4oz semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- ½ cup butter
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk, as needed
- Preheat to 350°F. Give yourself a gold star.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the sugars & butter together. Nice, now add the eggs and vanilla.
- Alternate adding flour, milk, flour, milk, flour. You’re in the home stretch.
- Spoon 2/3 full cups into a cupcake pan, bake for 20-22 minutes
- (Frosting time!) Melt the chocolate together and let it cool for a minute
- With a beater, mix the butter and sugar together. Add the cooled chocolate, then the milk. Beat until fluffy and presto-chango, you’ve got some baller chocolate frosting for your cuppycakes.
So yeah, the lawn bomb thing. I kept on seeing pictures of cupcakes with the frosting done up all nice, and of course I chose to do it with chocolate frosting. Yeah, not one of my better choices in life – but I still love it. Presentation is only 50% right?