Cookies and Cream Cupcakes with Oreo Buttercream Frosting
Yield: 18 cupcakes
Check out the old post here!
For the cupcakes:
- 2 sticks sweet butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups Self Rising Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 10-12 crushed Oreo cookies (these are cookie dough flavored – but you can do it with any of them!)
Preheat to 350 – bakes for 18-20 minutes
- Whisk the flour/baking soda together in a bowl, set aside
- In another bowl, mix the softened butter, sugar and vanilla until they’re a good solid mass. Then, add the eggs and mix together (this is similar to making cookie dough, for my fellow bakers. At least, this is how I handle it)
- Gradually add the flour until ya done.
- Throw in your cookies and mash them up (so you have some big and some little chunks) and then fill your cupcake containers. Bake away!
Yield: 18 cupcakes.
For the frosting:
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 stick unsalted sweet butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 5-8 oreos
Soften the butter, add the sugar and vanilla. Gradually add the milk as you need it, until “soft peaks” form (aka the frosting looks soft and fluffy). You can either throw some Oreo’s into the finished frosting, or use them more as a garnish and top your cupcakes deliciously 🙂
This recipe is great! Crunchy cookies in the batter to add a little to your fluffy cupcake, and you can’t go wrong with homemade frosting. Fresh frosting all DAY. 🙂
I’m an Oreo enthusiast, I just recently came into owning an oreo tin from the 90’s (my mom has one, I don’t know how I lived without it after I moved out!) and I just transferred all my Oreo’s into it. Is it blasphemy that I put different flavors in the same tin? I think it’s okay. I’m eating them all equally. With peanut butter and almond milk. Mmmmmm.