Cheesecake Truffles – Infused with Chocolate Chip Cookies | White Chocolate Chips
Adapted from Annie Eats
No Baking Required!
Yield: 24 spoon sized truffles
What you’ll need:
- 16 oz cream cheese (8 oz for each batch)
- 1 ½-2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- Two “splashes” of Vanilla
- Mix-ins of your choice (I used some chopped up soft baked cookies and white chocolate chips)
- Chocolate Melts (pick a color!)
- Let the cream cheese soften until you can easily whip it with the confectioners sugar.
- Add graham cracker crumbs to the batch, then add your “Mix-ins” – if you’re using chunks, I’d recommend folding them into the batter, and not using a mixer, but be sure to chop everything up real small like.
- Stick ‘em in the fridge for 1-2 hours until the batter is solid enough to roll in your hands.
- Melt the chocolate in a double-boiler (a bowl over a pot of boiling water).
NOTE: I had trouble with this, because I used chocolate chips and melted them, and my chocolate seized up on me in the middle of my truffle covering. That’s why I’m recommending melting chocolate, because that’s tempered to melt and stay melted without seizing. Good luck.
- Take your truffle balls and roll them in the chocolate – I used a spoon to roll them back into the little cupcake liners I used to hold them. Put them back in the fridge until the chocolate becomes solid (probably a half hour or so). Eat as many as you can in one sitting and feel no guilt because they’re so good.
Besides the fact that I never went to culinary school and I’m really just trying to do this on my own, I did have big issues with the chocolate, the rolling of the truffles and the flavor. I thought that in the first batch I made that there was too much graham cracker in the recipe, and I tasted no cheesecake. So in the white chocolate chip batch I made, I added a quarter of the amount. This makes it very hard to actually roll the cheesecake balls because they have not enough crumb to hold everything together. Use the graham cracker measurements at your own risk.
Hope you guys enjoy these! An update on my end, I need some suggestions for prints to sell! And my stickers are ordered and should be here in the next two weeks (: