Cookies and Cream Cookies
(with hugs and kisses!) from Sugar Plum
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Oreo cookies (mini oreos are also acceptable here!)
- 24 hershey’s hugs/kisses (ideally this would be with cookies and cream kisses, but I couldn’t find any near me when I made this recipe)
The How To:
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F
- Whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt together in a small bowl
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together with the sugar. Add the egg and vanilla, then gradually adding the flour mixture until this cookie dough is thicker than you’ll ever imagine. Seriously. Be careful not to break your spoon. But it’s awesome.
- For the oreos, I honestly threw them in my cookie dough and took my anger out on them via spoon. This way it leaves some good oreo chunks in your cookies. Some people may not like that, so you can do what you like!
- Pop in the oven for 11-13 minutes. As SOON as they come out of the oven, unwrap the chocolates and smash them right in the center of your fresh baked cookies while they’re still hot.
Not only will the chocolates get nice and melty, but they’ll resolidify overnight so you won’t have a melty mess to bring with you wherever your life may take you.
These cookies look a little biscuit-y when they come out, because the batter is SO thick. But they taste great, and were a big hit at work!
Upcoming, I made up a cookie in my head and will hopefully have some time this week to try it out. It’s called the “treat yo’ self” cookie. Any of my fellow parks and rec fans should be psyched.
Until next time!