Low Fat Blueberry Muffins (Adapted from Udo Umami)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup applesauce (one small container)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Yield: 12 muffins | Bake Time: 20-25 min | Preheat: 400 deg F
(I got 11, but that’s probably my fault)
- Preheat your oven!
- Whisk together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl
- Take your cup measure and put your applesauce in. Crack your egg into the same cup while the applesauce is still in it, and on top of both of those things fill the rest of the cup to the brim with milk. Pour that into the flour mixture.
- Slowly fold in your blueberries and spoon into muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. I personally had left them in for 22 and they were a little tough on the bottom – however, that did not deter my boss from eating half the batch at work the next day. Next time, I’d leave them in for 20.
Enjoy your low fat & low guilt breakfast.