Oatmeal Buttercream Cookie Pies (via Sally’s Baking Addiction & Myself)
Yield: Approx. 24 mini cookie sandwiches
What You’ll Need:
(For the Cookies)
- ½ c unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ c dark brown sugar
- ½ c sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 2/3 c old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 c all-purpose flour
For the Frosting
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp milk – start low, add as needed.
- Mix the butter/sugar together until combined. Add the egg/vanilla and mix.
- In another bowl, toss the dry ingredients together. Add slowly into the butter mixture and mix only until combined.
- Pop in the fridge. Preheat your oven to 325°F – toasty.
- While your oven is preheating, line a pan with parchment paper. Once it’s preheated, scoop out mini cookie sizes and bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Make the frosting – Using a hand mixer, whip up the butter so it isn’t chunky, then add in all the other ingredients (milk gradually) and whip up until fluffy and amazing tasting. Taste testing encouraged. Licking beaters encouraged.
- Frost your cooled cookies and put them together like oreo sandwiches, only way better.
These, along with a peanut butter pie I made and forgot to take pictures of, went CRAZY fast in my office. I pretty much walked around and gave one to everyone and people came back for seconds immediately, and then I had none. It was amazing.
There’s just a really great balance of oatmeal and sweetness in these. Love it. Make them, eat them. Love them.
Alright bye. Thanks for playing!