Recipe Time! Vanilla Cupcakes (adapted from Joy The Baker) and Vanilla Buttercream Frosting (thanks mom!)
For The Cupcakes:
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 ½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat to 350 degrees, baking time 25 minutes, yields 24 delicious munchies.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt in a bowl
- Mix vanilla and milk in another bowl
- Cream butter and sugar together, gradually add eggs – switch off adding a little milk mixture and a little flour mixture.
If you want to tint yours a color like I did, I think I put roughly ½-1 tbsp of food coloring in there. I was afraid that it would change the consistency (the batter was very liquid-y) but it didn’t, and they still taste good. (:
For the Frosting:
- 1 16oz box confectioners sugar (4 cups)
- 1 stick softened butter
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
As always, I’ll tell you that if you’re not careful with the milk, your frosting will be runny. ): And hand mixers/stand mixers are your best friends in making this.
Enjoy!! And Happy Belated St. Patricks Day.