Vanilla Cookie Bottoms (compiled by myself)
Makes 12-14 cupcakes
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter(room temp)
- 1 egg & 1 egg yolk (room temp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup skim milk
(For the cookie bottom!)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat to 350 deg F
(Cupcake batter first)
- Whisk the flour, salt and baking powder!
- Electric-Mix the butter & sugar. Add egg and egg yolk, then the vanilla. Shazam!
- Add in the flour mixture/milk/flour/milk/flour (in parts, like that!)
(Now the cookie dough bottom)
- Make the cookie dough the same way you’d make cookies. Flour and salt whisked together, butter mixed into the sugars and vanilla, then mix in the flour. Add the chocolate chips last.
BAKERHI NOTE: This batter is super dry and crumbly, and I kept checking to see if there’s an egg/baking soda in this cookie dough. There isn’t. It’s supposed to be dry. Don’t worry.
- Now, take about two spoonfuls (maybe more) of the cookie dough and press it into the bottom of a cupcake liner in your cupcake pan, to make a crust for your batter to go on top of.
BAKERHI NOTE: I used the same spoon I scooped with to press down the crust, it worked out pretty well for me. I also ate a lot of it, which also worked out fantastically.
- Bake yo cakes for about 15/16 minutes! Pop them out, cool and frost.
BAKERHI NOTE: Need a frosting recipe? Check out my recipe index – buttercream went really well, but I imagine cream cheese frosting might be equally delicious.
I combined my recipe for vanilla cupcakes and chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars to get this recipe, one of my coworkers said this might be the best cupcake he’s had from me yet, and he’s had a good amount of my cupcakes in the past year 😛 It’s been super humid here, so my frosting was a little runny, though no one noticed but me.
If you don’t hear from me (but you probably will since I have a 3 day weekend to be able to bake), happy Memorial Day weekend! I wonder what I’ll have in store for you next time 🙂
Thanks for consuming!