Apple Cinnamon Muffins
What you’ll need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon (heaping) ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup apple – peeled, cored and chopped (I recommend 2 granny smith apples)
The How To:
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl, set aside
- Melt the butter, yo!
- In a bowl you didn’t melt the butter in, add the egg and milk and whisk together. If you try to mix it in the warm bowl the egg will start to cook and the milk will start to curdle with the butter, sooooo don’t do that.
- Pour the butter/milk/egg into the flour/sugar/etc.. mixture.
- Peel/Core/Chop your apples and fold them into the batter.
- Pop those little treasures in your oven for 20 minutes on the dot – they should be beautifully beige colored, and the insides will have super moist delicious apple bits in them.
A good way to use up the apples you went and picked at the farm and now have no idea what to do with. Cheers!