Blondies as told by the book 500 cookies
What you’ll need (to fill an 8×8 brownie pan)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ 11oz chocolate chips. (or whatever your little heart desires! Recipe calls for walnuts, but in this house we’re not really a fan of nuts in our baked goods all the time. Gets in the way of the sugar.)
How do I make the goods?
- Preheat oven to 350!
- Whisk the salt, baking powder and flour together in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, mix in the brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla in the saucepan.
- Mix into the flour (this should be super thick when you’re done mixing.)
- Add the chocolate chips/goodies.
- Spread in a (lightly greased, just so there’s no sticking!) pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
[Assuming you don’t double the recipe like I did because I’m such a genius, you won’t have to check on your blondies for like an extra hour because they don’t cook through in the middle because you actually made too much batter, regardless of how deep you thought the pan was.]
Get your blondie on.
Also, if you guys have a second, could you vote my red velvet cupcake up on facebook?? I have until 11am Friday to maintain a spot in the top 5 to win a gift card!! Please and thank you!!