Preciously Minty Pink Vanilla Mini Cupcakes
Magnolia bakery recipe – found at What the Fruitcake?!
Yield: 100 mini cupcakes
- 1 ½ cups self rising flour
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
The How To:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a small bowl whisk the flours together
- Combine the milk and vanilla extract (it’s easy to do this if you have a pyrex glass measuring cup)
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and butter until awesome
- Add eggs 1 at a time
- Alternate adding the flour mixture/milk mixture – starting and ending with the flour mixture. (No, I don’t know why :P)
- Spoon the batter into your cupcake cups (hopefully with awesome mini liners like I have!) and bake them for 12-14 minutes.
For the frosting:
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 16oz box of confectioners sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp milk (add as needed)
For this, same as usual – soften the butter first and use a mixer/hand mixer to mix all the ingredients until they are whipped/can hold it’s own shape. And tastes amazing.
Then, for the finishing touch, roll the tops of your little treats in some peppermint shavings like I got at crate and barrel!
I think this is the happiest I’ve been with a vanilla cake recipe in a long time – I’ll definitely use this one again. Super moist and flavorful!
I hope all my followers are having a happy holiday season so far! <3
Until next recipe