Chocolate Cake with Mint Buttercream Frosting (recipe!)
Wanna make these with me? Follow along with my video! Snag the ingredients that follow and happy caking!
For the Cake: (From the recipe book Chocolate Bar)
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened nonalkalized cocoa powder (I use hershey’s, and I put in closer to ¾ cup because it’s really weak.)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda (NOTE THE DIFFERENCE.)
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 2/3 cup sour cream, room temp
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter
- ½ cup corn oil
- 1 ¼ cups cold (or ice) water
Preheat to 350 – bake cupcakes for 19-22 minutes (Mini cupcakes go in for 15 minutes).
- Mix dry ingredients (flours sugars, baking soda, powder, cocoa and salt) in a bowl, set aside.
- Mix sour cream, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Melt the butter, then mix in the water and corn oil. Put this mixture into the sour cream mixture, and mix together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients. Pour into cupcake cups and super enjoy.
For the Frosting (I made this up – I suggest not tinting this blue because it looks like toothpaste – does not TASTE like toothpaste, but its a good reminder):
- 4 cups of confectioners sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp mint extract
Mix with a hand or stand mixer – make sure that the butter is softened, otherwise it doesn’t quite gel right.
Enjoy guys! (: Thanks for following, and please leave me messages, I love chatting.