Let’s talk about Moose.
No no, wrong moose. Mousse. The dessert. (but isn’t he…?) Sorry. Moving on.
Chocolate mousse has always been an intimidating dessert for me, because it always seemed so complicated. How do you get it to be so rich and so light at the same time? Whipping egg whites? Sounds complicated. There’s probably a bunch of ingredients.
The recipe I’m using I found here and boy was I excited. Threeish ingredients? Sign me up!
Find the ingredients below 🙂
The How-to (picture tutorial!)
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Put into another bowl to cool. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the egg whites and sugar on high until it holds shape.
- Using a spoon, mix the egg yolks into the cooled, melted chocolate. It’ll become thicker.
- Take a spoonful of that chocolate and whip it into the whipped egg whites. Do this 1-2 more times until the chocolate starts to look well combined, then add the remaining chocolate and whip together until it starts to look like mousse.
Nailed it! 🙂
- Split into 2-3 glasses/containers/bowls/whathaveyou and pop in the fridge for 2 hours up to 24 hours to set. But who can wait a whole day? No one.
- Eat. While watching Moose ;).