Red Velvet Cupcakes adapted from Sprinkle Bakes!
Yield: 24 cupcakes | Bake Time: 19-21 min | Oven Temp: 350deg
What you need:
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tbsp liquid red food coloring
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- Take a small bowl and whisk together the flour and salt
- Take a large bowl and cream the butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time, and then vanilla.
- Alternate adding flour and buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour (this is what Heather said on her blog, I don’t understand the huge point of doing this, but I trust her judgement)
- In a separate dish, mix the cocoa powder and red food coloring until it creates a paste. Add the paste into the mixture.
- Mix the baking soda and cider vinegar and as it’s foaming, mix it into the cake mix.
- Bake for roughly 20 minutes, and enjoy!
For the cream cheese frosting recipe, check out my post here!