Oreo Balls via Oreo!
My method for rolling the balls? Two toothpicks. One to push it around in the chocolate & then stick it and pull it out, the other to help me get the first toothpick out and then cover up the hole. My method is not great. Also I didn’t decorate them because they’re already gone. They’ve been eaten.
What I wish I had done? White chocolate and then stacked them like little snowmen. Or maybe rolled them in shredded coconut for snowballs. Though I don’t know how it would be sticky enough. Or I would’ve dipped them in red chocolate melts and made them look like ornaments.
The things I would’ve done. Isn’t it the thought that counts?
These will be a fan favorite this holiday. My Mom doesn’t even like Oreos (blasphemy) and she can’t get enough of these. My Dad found out they were in my house and was upset I didn’t have them ready at the front door for him!
#Decktheballs this season. Oreo balls. Mmm.
By December 17, 2014Published:
Two for me - none for you
- Using a food processor (or a rolling pin/wine bottle and a ziploc bag) mash up the oreos in to tiny tiny bits.
- Mix oreos together with the cream cheese
- Form 1 tbsp large balls and freeze for 1 hour
- Melt chocolate
- Take out frozen balls & lay out some wax paper for the balls to dry on
- Carefully roll and/or dip balls into melted chocolate and take out to harden
- Decorate as you will
- Eat while wearing an ugly sweater