Lava Cake – As told by Betty Crocker
What you need:
- unsweetened cocoa powder (to dust the baking cups with – must be ceramic/not lined. souffle cups or ramekins work perfectly)
- 6 oz semisweet baking chocolate (chocolate chips work really well here)
- ¼ c + 2 tbsp butter
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 ½ powdered sugar
- ½ c all purpose flour
- powdered sugar (for the top!)
- Preheat oven to 450 deg f
- Grease 4 6oz cups, dust with cocoa powder (seen here!)
- Melt 6oz semisweet chocolate until smooth, then remove from heat and let cool.
- While chocolate cools, beat all the eggs together. Slowly add the chocolate (because it might still be hot, it might cook the eggs. Be careful, we don’t want chocolate omelettes.) Afterwards add the flour.
- Bake to 12-14 minutes (until the top looks smooth and slightly cracked). Let cool for 3 minutes in the baking cups. Quickly flip the cups onto plates and pop out the cakes. Sprinkle the powdered sugar on top and serve!
I’d like to thank my Aunt Peggy for coming over and teaching me how to make these, and giving me the adorable flour cups to bake these volcanic love bites in. Cheers!!