Chocolate Cupcakes with Dreamy Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened nonalkalized cocoa powder (So far, Ghiardelli cocoa powder has been the best bet.)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda (NOTE THE DIFFERENCE.)
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 2/3 cup sour cream, room temp
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- ½ cup corn oil
- 1 1/4 cups cold (or ice) water
Preheat to 350 – bake cupcakes for 19-22 minutes
Recipe Yields about 24-30 cupcakes
- Mix dry ingredients (flours sugars, baking soda, powder, cocoa and salt) in a bowl, set aside.
- Mix sour cream, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Melt the butter, then mix in the water and corn oil. Put this mixture into the sour cream mixture, and mix together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients. Pour into cupcake cups and bake those suckers.
For the Marshmallow Frosting (Found on BakedBree)
- 1 jar of marshmallow fluff (7oz)
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups of confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
(Using a stand mixer/hand mixer) Whip the butter, then add the entire jar of fluff and mix for 2 minutes. Add the sugar and vanilla and mix until fully combined and “soft peaks form.” Can I just say I hate this saying? I read it over and over again and it just sounds really uppity. Does anyone else get that?
Anyway, I hope you guys like these. The boys in my household do. I also ran out of marshmallow frosting for my cupcakes, so the next pictures I post will be with bailey’s frosting that I used for the irish car bombs I made two weeks ago. Also, this is my go to chocolate cake recipe. I love it, I’ve perfected it and it always leaves me with nicely risen cupcakes and soft airy cakes. Yum.
Monster Cookies Tomorrow? Too much? Eh, you guys love it anyway.