Lemon Bars via Cleverly Inspired
What You’ll Need:
- (For the Crust)
- 8×8 pan + tinfoil (to line it)
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 stick (½ cup) of butter cubed
(For The Bar Filling)
- Lemon Juice (1/6 cup plus 1 tsp)
- Zest from one large lemon (½ tsp)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅛ cup flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
The How To:
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- In a food processor, mix the chopped up butter, flour and sugar until doughy. Press it into your tinfoil lined pan and bake for 18 minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs up! Then add the lemon juice/zest, sugar, flour and baking powder. Stir up good.
- After the dough has come out of the oven, pour in the lemon mixture and bake for another 20 minutes
- After it comes out of the oven, sprinkle some powdered sugar on top and pop in the fridge to chill. Best served cold! 🙂
So, I made these without the tinfoil, and instead greasing the pan – I think that the pan was either not greased enough or it doesn’t matter, because a bunch of my bars came out in pieces. Still delicious, but not perfect.
Also! I think next time I make these, I might do one and a half batches of the lemon filling – it was a bit thin for my liking. Still good though!
Nothing more spring like and fresh like a bit of lemon 🙂