Yield: 36 cupcakes (mine made 39)
What You’ll Need:
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 2 ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup & 2 tbsp (2 ¼ sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ¼ cups sugar
- 5 large whole eggs + 3 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat your oven to 350° F, and line the heck out of a cupcake tin!
- In a medium bowl, mix together flours, baking soda/powder and salt
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and butter until it’s fluffy and slowly add in the eggs & vanilla
- Switch off adding the flour mix/buttermilk until you’re out of both, but do it in segments!
- Pour the batter into a cupcake tin (2/3 of the way full) and bake ‘em for 20 minutes on the dot. Take them out, let them cool and make the frosting!
For the Frosting:
- 2 sticks of butter (1 cup) softened
- 1 box (16oz/4 cups) confectioners sugar
- 2-3 tbsp heavy cream (milk works fine, soymilk works fine, bailey’s works fine, do what you want!)
- 1 tsp vanilla
Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, mix the dickens out of these ingredients until they form a fluffy frosting. Then eat all of it, and make another batch to cover your cupcakes with – Oh wait…
Want to do the sweet tye-dye job I did to mine? Check out the tutorial link at the top of this post.
I’m at home and it’s totally raining, I’m gonna stay inside and eat more of these cupcakes and watch more adventure time. I hope you’ll do the same and think of me!
Until next time.