Sometimes you just need a brownie. Nothing fancy or spectacular here.
Recipe time! Brownies adapted from Chocolate Bar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (I used Ghirardelli)
- 4oz/1 stick unsalted butter
- 5oz semisweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs (room temp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cacao nibs or chocolate chips to mix in!
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F
- Butter and 8in baking tin, instead of using flour to dust, use cocoa powder
- Sift/whisk your flour, salt and cocoa powder together in a bowl
- In a double boiler, melt the butter and then the chocolate.
- Take the melted butter/chocolate off the heat and mix in your sugars
- Making sure your mixture isn’t too warm, mix in your eggs one at a time. Then add the vanilla.
- Make a well in your flour mixture and mix in the chocolate/sugar mixture. Add in your mix-ins here.
- Pour mix into your tin, bake for 28-30 minutes.
- Let cool and eat. Bam! Brownies. Perfect.
The original recipe calls for 3/4 tsp espresso, but my husband and I don’t like coffee flavor, so that was eliminated. You can do what you want though, I’m not your mom.
Buy this book! It’s amazing and has one of my favorite chocolate cake recipes in it.