Vanilla Tuesdays (I made this up, I made them on a Tuesday) – by the book “Cupcakes!”
Makes 36 mini cupcakes
What you’ll need:
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 egg & 1 egg yolk (room temp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup skim milk
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter (room temp)
- 2 tbsp heavy cream (I switched it up a little!)
- 1 tbsp skim milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- A bowl and some adorably pink sprinkles.
- Preheat to 350 deg F
- Whisk the flour, salt and baking powder!
- Electric-Mix the butter & sugar. Add egg and egg yolk, then the vanilla. Shazam!
- Add in the flour mixture/milk/flour/milk/flour (in parts, like that!)
- Bake these babies in a mini cupcake pan for 13 minutes! Pop them out, cool and frost.
- If you’re putting sprinkles on them, I suggest pouring the sprinkles into a bowl and rolling the tops of your frosted cakes in the sprinkles gently. Full coverage and no spillage, perfect!
Sometimes all you need is a simple cupcake recipe to give yourself a little extra oomph to get you through the day. And of course some prissy sprinkles to make sure you have some dignity in your treats – don’t be shy now!
Hey. You guys rule. Thanks for making me feel awesome all the time.