Renamed and Adapted from “Erin’s Go-To Cookies” via the book The Happy Baker
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 egg
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup quick cooking oats
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ to ¾ cup coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375° F
- In a large bowl, combine the sugars and butter.
- Add the PB, Vanilla and Eggs
- In another bowl, mix the flour, oats, baking soda and salt
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture
- Add in the chocolate chips and coconut – the actual recipe calls for way more than what I put in, but I find that if you do that, there’s no cookie left. Up to you!
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, let cool and enjoy 🙂
I’m calling these Smorgasbord cookies because I feel like they have everything fantastic in them. This makes a good amount of cookies too (I doubled the recipe that was in the book – what can I say, I like to share). I’m not as big a fan of coconut, but I think with the amount I put in, which was about a ¾ cup, I was really happy with it.