What You’ll Need
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 oz red food coloring
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract, divided
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
For the cheesecake:
- 8oz (1 package) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- ½ cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350deg F
- [Cheesecake] WIth an electric beater, whip the cream cheese a bit before adding the sugar and sour cream. After that, set the bowl aside.
- [Brownies] Mix the cocoa powder, 1 tsp of the vanilla and the food coloring in a small bowl to make a thick paste. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer (because you’re awesome and have a lame thumb so you can’t mix this by hand like me) mix the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and the other tsp of the vanilla.
- Add the cocoa paste (here is where you’ll get the color)
- Add the flour and salt (add the flour half cup, half cup then quarter cup to mix it evenly)
- In your super awesome greased and floured 8×8 brownie pan, put the brownie batter into the pan. On top of that, spread the cheesecake mixture.
BAKERHI NOTE: My cheesecake mixture was purposely sloppily mixed into the brownie mix, which is why my cheesecake is ultra pink. I liked the color.
- Bake the brownies for 30-40 minutes (start low) and then take out to cool. A good measure to see when this is done is when the cheesecake looks like a solid baked piece.
The coworker I named these for is kind of the motherly figure of our office, and my mom loves red velvet. Here’s hoping this translates well!! Happy early birthday, Deb!