Strawberry Muffins via Divya’s Culinary Journey
Yield: roughly 20-24 muffins
What You’ll Need:
- Chopped up strawberries, roughly 1 ½ cups
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup milk (I use lactaid, this worked too)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- Chop your strawberries and put them aside for the end
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. After combined, add eggs and vanilla. Nice!
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Pour a little bit of milk into your batter, then flour mixture, milk, flour, milk. All done? Great
- Last thing – Mix in your strawberries. The correct term here is “fold” in, but that’s mostly so your batter doesn’t get overmixed.
- Bake for 25 minutes (or longer if you need)!
This was a super simple recipe to use for a random morning when you realize “oh my gosh, I have strawberries in my fridge, better use them before they go bad!” paired with “oh no, I have company and we have nothing but old cereal in the house, better whip something up for breakfast!”
Not only did I get to use my strawberries, but my kitchen smelled awesome. I mean, come on. That’s one of the reasons people bake right? What’s better than waking up to freshly baked muffins in the morning? Not much.
Alright, until next recipe 🙂