Vanilla Cupcakes with Peanut Butter frosting & Chocolate Ganache via Cupcakes!
Yield: 12 cupcakes
One day I was hankering for some seriously peanut butter frosting, because I live an hour away from the nearest cheesecake factory and I could grab some of that amazing Adam’s Peanut Butter Pie.
So I looked through my recipe books and found something to feed that craving.
What You’ll Need:
- (For the Cupcakes) 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ milk
(For the Frosting)
- 6 tbsp butter
- ¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
- ¾ peanut butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream (milk also works, but it won’t be as rich)
(For the Ganache)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- ½ cup heavy cream or milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- (Cupcakes) Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt
- Mix the butter and sugar until combined. Add eggs one at a time, and vanilla.
- Switch off adding the flour & milk, starting and ending with the flour. Mix until it’s awesome.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
- (Frosting) Soften the butter & whip the ingredients together – add the cream as needed, if you add too much you’ll have soup!
- (Ganache) Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate, cream and vanilla together until just liquid (if you leave it on too long it’ll start to seize and you’ll have chocolate lumps) Let that cool off to the side, put it in another bowl so it doesn’t keep cooking
How you frost dem cakes?
So basically what I did was waited for the cupcakes to cool, frosted them using a random star tip and popped them in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. Take them out and dip them in the ganache – this way the extremely chilled frosting doesn’t melt when you put it in the overly warm ganache.
The issue here is that ganache as it gets cooler, starts to thicken and it’s not exactly “pourable,” so doing this semi-quickly is challenging. That’s why I used my freezer method, because this way it’ll at least hold. And it’s fun to dip things. Just saying.
Eat these and watch some Supernatural. You can’t deny anything better than chocolate, peanut butter and Winchesters.