(Originally Posted March 13th 2015 when there was still an intense amount of snow in Connecticut)
Scene: Quick! We’re going to game night and I need to bring something that’s not overly rich and doesn’t have chocolate in it. Also if it’s warm that’s a plus because there’s too much snow outside!
Cinnamon Blondies. Boom. All bases covered, and your kitchen smells like heaven.
Recipe via Mel Bakes Things
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- An 8×8 Baking Pan
The How-To (watch the video and follow along!):
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Whisk together your flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cream of tartar and salt in a small bowl
- In a larger bowl, mix the softened butter & sugars together until fully combined. Add egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture – this will make your dough very thick. Mix only until you can’t see any flour anymore.
- Grease your pan and spread out batter evenly, then bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into tiny pieces so you can share with all your friends. 🙂
These blondies are one of those desserts that made my husband go “do we have to share these?” which always makes me feel pretty good. These remind me of snickerdoodles with the cinnamon, and they’re nice and thick so they have a great bite to them.
Highly recommend! I loved these and would super make them again for another party, since they’re not messy or crumbly.
Get spicy 😉